8 Alumni To Be Honored at Alumni Weekend 2015
Above, Westminster’s Skulls of Seven lead the processional into the Church of St. Mary, Aldermanbury during the 2014 Alumni Awards Convocation.
The recipients will be recognized at a dinner on Thursday evening, April 23, and then receive their Alumni Awards at a Convocation Ceremony on Saturday, April 25, at 10:30 a.m. in the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury on campus.
The Golden Anniversary Class of 1965 will also be honored at the ceremony.
Five Westminster graduates will receive the Lifetime Alumni Achievement Award. This award is presented annually to alumni whose accomplishments reflect the Westminster mission and who have distinguished themselves through personal achievements, professional achievements and/or have made significant contributions to society.
Those scheduled to receive this honor include:
- Jim Boeckman, Class of 1983, attorney and counselor with Boeckman Law from Austin, TX;
- Scott Boswell, Class of 1986, President of the West Region of the Commerce Trust Company from Kansas City, MO;
- Lee Evans, Class of 1975, Senior Vice President of the Asian Pacific Region of Bredero Shaw PTE LTD from Camdenton, MO;
- Frank Hunter, Class of 1977, Region Vice President of Curtis 1000 from Woodbury, MN; and
- Phil Kliewer, Class of 1974, Financial Advisor for Edward Jones Investments from Cordell, OK.
Two Young Alumni Achievement Award winners will be recognized. Established in 2009, the Young Alumni Achievement Award annually recognizes alumni who demonstrate the Westminster mission through outstanding achievement early in their chosen career and/or dedicated leadership and service to their community.
Those receiving Young Alumni Achievement Awards are:
- Daniel Jackson, Class of 2004, Fellow in the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine from Edmond, OK; and
- Jamie Kondis, Class of 2002, Instructor in Pediatrics for Washington University School of Medicine and an attending physician, Child Abuse Pediatrics, at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Steve Humphreys, Class of 1983, will be honored with the Jack Marshall Alumni Loyalty Award.
Humphreys is Vice President of Design Corrugating and lives in St .Louis, MO.
This award is given to alumni who demonstrate a continued interest in Westminster College through their contributions of time, talent, influence and/or funds and who have demonstrated exceptional loyalty, commitment, dedication and service to the College.
Originally established in 2009 as the Alumni Loyalty Award, the award was renamed in 2012 to honor “Mr. Westminster” himself, Jack Marshall, whose passion for Westminster was unparalleled.
Westminster’s Alumni Weekend is the largest on-campus event for alumni and one of the favorite Westminster College traditions. This year’s celebration April 24-26 will include past favorites such as the golf tournament, a Bill Parrish college history lecture and dueling pianos event as well as many new events such as the William W. Robertson Bust Dedication Ceremony, a Skulls of Seven Reunion, and a celebration of the 35th anniversary of Women at Westminster.
Check out the Alumni Weekend 2015 schedule.
Register to attend.