Five Breakthroughs Taking Place at Westminster Right Now
With the Fall 2019 semester in full swing, Westminster College is excited to highlight five positives — or “Breakthroughs” — taking place on campus right now:
- Westminster is making significant advances in reducing costs, enhancing the student learning experience, and regaining the confidence of our accrediting body, the Higher Learning Commission, or HLC. The HLC announced Wednesday, Aug. 27, that Westminster has met all required criteria and confirms that the visiting team recommends removing the “Notice” sanction. Furthermore, HLC monitoring has been changed from “Interim” to “Focused Visit in 2021.”
- Digital Blue, a new 1:1 initiative, is modernizing campus with smart technology by providing students with iPads so they are prepared for the digital demands of the professional world. All students received their iPads on Friday, Aug. 23.
- The Westminster Women Advancing Together (WWAT) committee is actively celebrating 40 years of women on campus while encouraging more women to find their purpose at Westminster.
- Academic Affairs is enhancing campus and career development support by providing enhanced, integrated services at Westminster’s new Student Success Center in Reeves Library.
- Dr. Madeleine Albright, the first female U.S. Secretary of State and, at that time, the highest-ranking woman in the history of the U.S. government, will visit campus on Sept. 19 to deliver the 59th John Findley Green Foundation Lecture.
Watch for more updates on Westminster’s newly themed “Breakthrough” initiative, which coincides with the 30th anniversary of the unveiling of the Breakthrough sculpture on campus and fall of the Berlin Wall.
Founded in 1851, Westminster College is a small, premiere, private liberal arts college nestled in the hills of central Missouri. The College focuses on educating and inspiring young leaders to change the world. Westminster specializes in helping all students find their unique purpose. Experiential learning opportunities such as internships, independent research, professional presentations and community service are interwoven into the student experience. To learn more about Westminster, visit our website here.