Men’s Tennis Dominates Fontbonne, 9-0
The Westminster men’s tennis team swept Fontbonne on Saturday morning, 9-0. The Westminster Blue Jays are on a three-game winning streak and are now ranked second in the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference with a 3-1 conference record (3-7 overall).
The number one and number two doubles teams each swept Fontbonne 8-0, and the number three’s double team won on a forfeit.
In the singles competitions, the Blue Jays swept Fontbonne and won the five and six spots with a forfeit.
Men’s results are here:
Westminster 9, Fontbonne University 0
Apr 12, 2014 at St. Louis, Mo. (Shaw Park Tennis Center)
1. Nathan Connell (WCMT) def. Austin Sides (FUMT) 6-3, 6-0
2. Kyle Collins (WCMT) def. Yada Demisse (FUMT) 6-0, 6-1
3. Scott Strough (WCMT) def. Kameron Thomas (FUMT) 6-0, 6-1
4. Reese Hicks (WCMT) def. Nathan Reichert (FUMT) 6-0, 6-2
5. Tyler Wollmershauser (WCMT) def. No player (FUMT), by forfeit
6. Alec Belden (WCMT) def. No player (FUMT), by forfeit
1. Tyler Wollmershauser/Alec Belden (WCMT) def. Austin Sides/Nathan Reichert (FUMT) 8-0
2. Kyle Collins/Scott Strough (WCMT) def. Kameron Thomas/Yada Demisse (FUMT) 8-0
3. Nathan Connell/Justin Wollmershauser (WCMT) def. No player/No player (FUMT), by forfeit
The Blue Jays will round out their regular season with a match in St. Louis, Missouri versus Washington University-St. Louis on Tuesday, April 15.