Success Rate for Westminster Accounting Majors? Eight for Eight
Prospective students and their parents are always impressed with the high job placement rate of Westminster graduates. Ninety-six percent of Westminster graduates start their first job or enroll in graduate or professional schools within six months of graduation.
Helping to keep that success rate high, this year’s accounting major class is batting eight for eight with prestigious jobs and internships by March 1. The senior accounting class this year has seven accounting majors and one accounting minor. Of the eight, seven have accepted job offers, and the eighth one has accepted an internship with one of the Big 4 accounting firms in Beijing, China, and is looking at graduate schools after already being accepted by the NYU Silver School of Social Work.
The companies these graduates will be joining range in size from one office to over 100 and employ anywhere from a handful of employees to 22,000 employees worldwide. Five of the companies are public accounting firms, one of which has locations in Columbia, Kansas City, St. Louis, and Tulsa. One is a health and benefits company in St. Louis.
Starting salaries for the graduates range from $50,000 to $54,000 with an average beginning salary of $51,600.
Students and their positions include:
- Pierce Barnes ’18 ΣΧ from Tulsa, Oklahoma—Barnes and Barnes, Inc.
- Manoj Chapagain ’18 ΒΘΠ from Fulton, Missouri—William Keepers
- Jianru Lin ’17 from Beijing, China—internship at Earnest and Young and NYC graduate school
- Adam Mundle ’18 ΦΔΘ from Des Peres, Missouri—CliftonLarsonAllen
- Zach Roseman ’18 ΣΑΕ—from St. Louis, Missouri—Hoffman Clark, LLC
- Sydney Sexton ’18 from Independence, Missouri—Grant Thorton, LLP
- Blake Strebler ’18 KA from St. Louis, Missouri—Mercer, LLC
- Sam Vogel ’18 KA from Linn, Missouri—MarksNelson CPA
Learn more about Westminster’s Accounting program here.